BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Twitter Backgrounds »

January 24, 2011

Crappy Experience from Its Just Lunch Singapore

I recently approached a dating agency - Its Just Lunch Singapore - about their services.  I saw an ad on the web and thought “why not – I’m looking to meet people and increase my social circle – lets see what they can do for me”, so I completed the contact form and went on my merry way.  They contacted me the next day and the first thing they asked me was how I found out about the service – information that I’d already given them on the contact form – which they repeated by asking AGAIN if the web was my only source.  They then asked a couple personal questions, told me how the service worked, the cost and we agreed to meet the next day for an interview where they would find out more about me and my requirements, which was fine – although the interview time didn’t suit me that well.  
I’d been having 2nd thoughts about engaging them, but went to their offices anyway to hear what they had to say.  I was led into a room, asked to fill out a clipboard of questions (most of which I’d already answered in my initial contact and the conversation the day before) and offered tea or coffee.  When the tea arrived it was in a polystyrene cup and it was herbal.  It felt cheap (unlike their fee) and nasty.  While I was waiting for the consultant I read the contract which was on a clipboard next to me, only to find that they contravened local regulations on pricing.  That got me thinking – did I want to deal with people that were obviously more concerned about themselves (questions focused how I found them, unclear pricing policies, cheap beverages) than me? The consultant still hadn’t arrived so I decided to leave taking with me the questionnaire that I had completed.  About 30mins later I received a call from the consultant asking what happened to me – and I told her that I was there, but I decided on the balance that I didn’t want their services.  An hour after that I received a phone call saying that I’d taken their “private property”, namely the questionnaire that asked my basic details and preferences in a partner (which was even more basic than an on-line dating questionnaire) and demanding that I return it immediately.  It was at that point that they crossed the line from ‘I had a bad service experience’ to ‘I had a BAD SERVICE EXPERIENCE’.  The following morning I received an ultimatum from them – return the questionnaire OR ELSE.  In all honesty – the reason I took the piece of paper was because I had already completed it and I didn’t want them to have the information about me.  Had I not heard from them again I would probably have thrown it away and laughed at the experience.  Now I’m writing a blog and telling the world about it.  When I spoke to the consultant I asked her why the piece of paper was SO important.  Surely the MORE important thing was why I felt the need to get up and leave before I’d met anyone?  What was it about their service that made me do that?  But no – she just wanted her piece of paper back.

0 comments: